Artist in Residence 2019 >>> Call for entries
studio das weisse haus offers a two-month residency with the aim to support an ongoing artistic research project.
September 05 – October 30, 2019 available to one artist
Deadline for entries
June 03, 2019 at 5 pm CET
Katja Stecher, firstname.lastname@example.org
studio das weisse haus is a residence and studio program for local and international artists, curators, theorists and critcs. The program was founded in 2013 by Kunstverein das weisse haus. Our main purpose is to offer a platform where professionals from the art field can work together. We seek to support artistic practice and create a site where innovative projects can prosper.
The main goal of this residency is to support an international artist with a two-month stay in Vienna, in order to carry out his/her ongoing research project.
studio das weisse haus offers
- a rent-free accommodation (studio with bathroom and kitchenette).
- a rent-free working space.
- a one-time contribution to travel expenses up to 200 euros for traveling within Europe, and 400 euros for traveling outside of Europe.
- a monthly allowance of 500 euros to cover basic living costs. We recommend to the candidates to look for additional funding.
- free access to the Ars Electronica Festival from September 5 to 9, 2019.
- a peer for regular exchange during the residency (in total three meetings will be organized).
- the presentation of the proposed project in form of a lecture performance on October 09, 2019, 7 pm as part of the monthly series “Wednesday with…”.
- a varied program with exhibition, studio visits and one excursion.
- ongoing support by the staff of studio das weisse haus.
This call for submissions is addressed to international artists with an ongoing research project. The main selection criteria will be the proposed topic, as well as the work plan for the residency. The initial concept must underline why a stay in Vienna is necessary for carrying out the research. studio das weisse haus favors proposals that meet its general objectives and ensure high quality and clarity.
Artists who would like to be considered as candidates, are asked to submit the following documents (max. 5 MB) exclusively in digital form (PDF./doc.) to email@example.com:
- The fully completed application form
- A professional CV detailing recent projects, exhibitions, workshops and residencies (max. 2 Din A4 pages).
- A portfolio including samples of your work and realized projects of the past five years.
- A project presentation including title, abstract, work plan, target of the residency and specific needs (max. 2 Din A4 pages).
All submissions that meet the aforementioned criteria and arrive not later than June 03, 2019 5 pm CET will be reviewed by a board of experts on June 12, 2019. This years’ jury members are:
- Alexandra Grausam, Director das weisse haus // studio das weisse haus
- Sandro Droschl, Director and curator Künstlerhaus – Halle für Kunst und Median Graz
- Katja Stecher, Project coordinator studio das weisse haus
- Nina Tabassoni, Galerie Taxispalais (to be confirmed)
The finalist artist will be announced latest on June 19, 2019.